Published April 7, 2008
Diet , Motivation
Tags: energy, Fitness, Supplements
NO-Explode can be a great product but its pricey to, here is a DIY formula for a simular pre-workout kick;
- 500mg-1g or L-Arginine
- 1 Small Americano made in a French Press
- 5 Grams of Creatine (Mix into black Coffee)
Excellent kick and will end up costing you very little in comparison to BSN’s NO-Explode as Arginine is very cheap, so is Creatine and Coffee if made at home is something we all have lying about……
Ever felt a slump, like sleeping at times when you really don’t need it? I have figured out how to get through these problems effortlessly and possibly by doing the things you would least expect.
1. Take a deep breath. breathing in deeply through your nose right down to your stomach really revitelises your body and mind. try do 2 or 3 of these whilst in a slump.
2. Raw foods. I am a big believer in the power of raw foods, finding them easier to digest and more energizing. I will frequently start the day with the following shake:
- 2-3 raw eggs (only free range/organic)
- Some frozen Spinach and Berries
- 1 scoop of protein powder
- Shot of expresso (Optional I sometimes have an expresso upon waking instead)
- Splash of cinnamon
- 1 TBSP of milled flax seed
- 100ml of organic plain yoghurt
3. Eat less not more during the day, stay light all the time allowing your insulin levels to remain low and therefore allow you to avoid brain fade/fog
which is associated with heavy meals due to the digestion and insulin release.
4. Stay hydrated with a few glasses of ice cold water when you feel lethargic this tends to awaken your body and revive how your brain.
5. Exercise or break a sweat (Preferable first thing in the morning) daily this helps facilitate blood flow around your body and gets your mind ready for the day ahead. On top of this it allows your lymphatic system
to function better and this is essential to energy flux.